Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Had you been alive, you would have been 100 today. I know you could have lived much longer had you so desired. However, you chose to die and died 12 years ago. You wanted to face the thrill of death and you faced it when you wanted to. You died on your own terms.

How are you enjoying the hereafter and the company of Saadi and Jaami, Rumi and Iqbal, Sheikh Noor Din and now, Hassan Sofi?

You did tell me that they have put you up on the fourth floor of a multi story building. You complained of not being able to read news papers. Do you get them now? Do they still interest you? How is Mom? I know she must be in permanent attendance.

I do not miss you because I know you are always around-guiding, cajoling. However, I do wish that you communicate. It has been a while since I heard from you.

Wish you a very Happy Birthday Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment